Let's just admit it, the cardboard box is the #1 toy of all time.
Turn a plain cardboard box into a Fire Truck. The cutting in this project should be done by an adult. My kids love this truck!
- Large cardboard box - additional may be needed
- 4 Paper plates
- 1 Red plastic cup (or clear painted red)
- Heavy-duty scissors or craft knife
- String or zip ties (I used cable ties)
- Screw or Drill
- Box Tape
- Paint, glitter, crayons and/or markers
- Draw your basic shape onto your cardboard box and begin cutting.
- Secure all flaps with box tape.
- Begin to paint your truck's body.
- Using your scrap cardboard draw your accessories and 4 circles for hubcaps. For example, headlights, grill, ladder, bumpers and pump/equipment panel.
- Paint paper plates black for tires.
- Paint and decorate your accessories.
- Using a drill or screwdriver, poke holes in cardboard to secure accessories to the truck.
- Using string or zip ties, secure accessories to truck.
- Glue cup to the top of truck for lights. I added a hole to place a pumpkin flashlight inside and then cover with my cup.
- Enjoy! I fastened mine to a stroller to complete the little ones' costumes. It was then converted into a floor toy they could drive or hide inside.